If you are seeking enhanced health, it is time to alkalise your body.
Your body is designed to work best in a narrow, slightly alkaline range of pH: 7.35-7.55). Even with the slightest excess of cell acid, your body's energy producing capacity is reduced, along with its ability to repair.
The standard Western diet is highly acidifying. Excessive intake of fats, proteins and simple sugars will produce an excess of acid in the body. To reduce the burden, your body will link these acids with alkaline minerals (magnesium, calcium, potassium and others) in order to excrete them. It will take these minerals first from the blood, then tissues and finally the bones. This buffering depletes your reserves of alkaline minerals setting you up for fatigue and illness.
Here are the most easy of tips to get you started on an alkaline way, creating more energy and vitality in your body and life.
1. Choose fresh whole foods. The majority of alkaline foods are most vegetables and fruit (not all), pulses, spices, herbs and seasonings, seeds and nuts (not all) and the more ancient grains. The majority of acidifying foods are meat, fish, poultry, eggs, modern grains, legumes (peas and beans).
2. Eat a wide variety of foods - rotate your choices.
3. Drink lots of pure, filtered water - better yet, purchase an alkaliser.
4. Build your alkaline mineral reserves.
5. Ensure 70% of your plate is alkaline. If you need to regain your health after an illness, bump this to 80%.
6. Hang this chart on your fridge - shop to it, eat to it. https://thegracioustable.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/acidalkalinechart.jpg
7. On rising, hydrate. This is when you are most toxic. Drink the juice of half a lemon or lime or apple cider vinegar in warm water.
7. Drink vegetable broths - see magical mineral broth on my Recipe page. Try smoothies (I love the nutri bullet) and miso soup and seaweed daily with meals.
8. Enjoy the energy. You will create the result of more health and vitality in your body and life.